Thanks to the residents who came to our meeting to talk about the Chelmsford Local Plan. Please come again, we want to hear your views as we continue to try to get the best deal we can for Broomfield out of the Local Plan. Other items included:
- publicity to make residents aware of the next round of Local Plan consultation expected in January
- update on Broomfield’s own Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 planning applications considered
- correspondence about the crossing at Erick Avenue
- request for a footway along Woodhouse Lane.
Click here for the draft minutes; the next meeting is on Wednesday 1st November at 7.30pm.
Works at Woodhouse Lane.
You may have noticed that diggers are at work near Woodhouse Lane and this has caused some concern. The Parish Council understands that they are archaeological test pits connected with the possible development of 800 dwellings. The plans have not been agreed yet but the developer must feel sufficiently confident in the outcome to spend money on this preparatory work. The Parish Council opposed the proposed development in the last round of consultation and will continue to do so.